Aust S & P 200 28 01 2011

Aust S &  P 200  28 01 2011
this is a world worry

Friday, July 25, 2008

Good news, bad news, good news.

Hi kids,

Well the bad news first.
GDA Gondwanna had a consolidation a few months ago - where they reduced everyones' shares by 1:10. That means the 1000 I gave you is now only 100. But in theory they should have been now 30 cents each instead of 3 cents. (ie price when it happened.)
But they fell instead, and even now are not worth 10 times what I paid, (which was 5cents ea. = $50.00)
so WHY do they do a consolidation? probably they think they will look better if their shares are "worth" more than 3 cents. Maybe it reduces the shares issued and they can issue more later. I'm not sure. You investigate and tell me. But I prefer to have 35,000 instead of the now 3500, because I can sell some (if they double by 100% to 6 cents and still keep some.) The chances of a doubling from 30 cents to 60 cents in one go is lower.

Good news 1. This week, GDA sent notice of giving some free shares and some options. 1:8 shares plus 3 options for every 5 shares held. so you do your maths. how many of these free ones will be yours? based on your now share portfolio number of 100.

Good news 2. I feel bad, so I am giving you all another 900 shares in any of the companies below. HAW, AOS, EGO, EXM, GPN, LKO, MBP, MHL, MPJ, NWT, QUR, SML, RBY.
I hope and expect you will investigate them on the www.asx.com.au website.
LOOK AND SEE WHAT THEY DO, and decide which one you think has the best prospects for the shares TO RISE AND MAKE A PROFIT.

I want you to realise that while you can read, you can learn, and earn.

Then you must email me and say what company and its code, you want. I'll be interested to see what companies you think are the best ones in this group of 13. I am hoping you will be able to answer a few questions, based on the Learners and P platers pages linked below, because this is how you learn. You could even just Google them (by their full names) or go to Yahoo.com.au and checkout their codes in finance and investing.

You must reply to receive.
Hurry, don't miss out.
bye for now,
Nanny (your Granny)